- July 16, 1945: Atom bomb successfully testedOn this day in 1945, at 5:29:45 a.m., the Manhattan Project comes to an explosive end as the first atom bomb is successfully tested in Alamogordo, New Mexico. Plans for the creation of a uranium bomb by the Allies were established as early as 1939, when Italian emigre physicist Enrico Fermi met with U.S. Navy […]
YOU CAN CONTACT US AT: 781-475-5055
- ADRA Canada responds to Volcano aftermath in GuatemalaOn June 3, 2018, the Fuego Volcano (Volcano of Fire) in Guatemala erupted, causing large amounts of destruction to the surrounding communities. The eruption produced the descent of pyroclastic flows and fiery clouds with temperatures reaching 700 degrees Celsius. Ash columns were formed, reaching up to 10,000 meters above sea level and affecting communities as far as […]
- Adventists Help commemorate Colombia’s National Religious Freedom DayFuture peace can only be built on respect for human dignity, says Adventist religious freedom advocate.
- Students get a glimpse into the future of medicine at San careers forumThree hundred students got a glimpse into the future of medicine—including the use of virtual reality—during a careers forum hosted by Sydney Adventist Hospital last Wednesday morning. The free Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths and Medicine (STEMM) initiative was designed for female students to help inform their future career choices, with women identified in an UNESCO […]
- President of Trinidad and Tobago visits campus of Adventist UniversityThe President of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago Her Excellency Paula-Mae Weekes recently paid a courtesy visit to the University of Southern Caribbean (USC), a Seventh-day Adventist operated institution in Port of Spain, Trinidad. Her brief visit included a meeting with USC administration and a group of students and a tour of the campus […]
- Adventists help in volcanic eruption aftermath in HawaiiACS assists in helping shelter and feed the displaced; children flown to Adventist summer camp.
- Loma Linda University study says ADHD severity is associated with video game addiction severityA study by Loma Linda University School of Behavioral Health researchers found that attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) severity is associated with severity of video game addiction. The study, “Video game addiction, ADHD symptomatology, and video game reinforcement,” published June 6 in The...