- “Larry King Live” ends after 25 years on CNNOn this day in 2010, Larry King, the iconic, suspenders-sporting host of TV talk show “Larry King Live,” signs off after 25 years on the air. The 77-year-old King had hosted the hour-long CNN program, featuring interviews with movies stars, world leaders, politicians, musicians and other ...
- Earthquake devastates Gansu province of ChinaOne of the deadliest earthquakes in history hits the Gansu province of midwestern China, causing massive landslides and the deaths of an estimated 200,000 people. The earthquake, which measured 8.5 magnitude on the Richter scale, affected an area of some 25,000 square miles, including 10 major ...
YOU CAN CONTACT US AT: 781-475-5055
- In Inter-America, Church begins effort to unify radio and television ministriesIn an effort to strengthen Seventh-day Adventist-operated radio stations throughout Inter-America with the church’s Hope Channel Inter-America television network, media specialists met to network and collaborate on increasing efforts to spread the gospel. “It’s important for us to lay the groundwork for the establishment of the Hope Radio Inter-America network through collaboration, inspiration and dialogue […]
- Pacific Union College partners with Angwin Community to Protect Against WildfireBeginning in January 2019, Pacific Union College (PUC) plans to begin work on an approximately 3-mile shaded fuel break to protect the Angwin, California, United States, community of 3,500 residents. With financial support from community members and alumni, the college plans to construct a shaded fuel break on a prominent ridge between Pope Valley and Angwin, […]
- Brazilian Chamber of Deputies approves student’s right to be absent from exams for religious beliefsIn a landmark decision, members of the Brazilian Chamber of Deputies’ Constitution, Justice and Citizenship Committee (CCJ) approved the Clean Bill made by the Senate to Chamber Bill 130 from 2009 (originally Bill No. 2,171, of 2003, authored by federal representative Rubens Otoni)The approved text deals with the application of tests and attribution of attendance […]
- In Haiti, Adventist Church launches Hope Channel Inter-America in major citiesAfter nearly two years of making the proper connections in the cable company business, the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Haiti recently launched Hope Channel Inter-America in an effort to spread the gospel message to the millions of people on the island. Local church leaders consider it a true blessing and milestone to have been able […]
- Nuevo Tiempo TV Comes to Smart TVs through Global AppOn June 1, 2017, Nuevo Tiempo signed a contract with Foxxum, the German international company that provides the app ecosystem (App Store) for certain brands of smart TVs. The company was tasked with creating an app for Nuevo Tiempo to include TV signal, radio Nuevo Tiempo Chile signal, and videos content produced by Nuevo Tiempo Chile. […]
- Adventist voices speak for Australian aidFour representatives and supporters of the Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Australia raised their voices for Australian aid as part of Micah Australia’s “Voices for Justice” gathering in Canberra, December 1–4. They joined more than 200 Christians, with representatives of Christian justice and development agencies, from across Australia for two days of worship, advocacy […]