- January 19, 1809: Edgar Allan Poe is bornOn this day in 1809, poet, author and literary critic Edgar Allan Poe is born in Boston, Massachusetts. By the time he was three years old, both of Poe’s parents had died, leaving him in the care of his godfather, John Allan, a wealthy tobacco merchant. After attending school in England, Poe entered the University […]
- Washington Adventist Hospital first in Maryland to earn safe sleep certificationCertification indicates the hospitals dedication to reducing preventable infant deaths through education.
- Participants of the winter youth sports camp in Luzhba, Siberia meet for fellowshipYoung people attending encouraged to bring a friend who is not an Adventist to join the event.
- Seventh-day Adventist Church in North America issues statement emphasizing importance of equality for all AmericansThe Statue of Liberty, a longstanding symbol of freedom in the U.S., has these words engraved on its base: “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, … Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!” Some today, however, are […]
- Young Adventists initiate Healthy Life Campaign to change eating habitsNearly 400 missionary students will receive a new book which will help people improve their lifestyle
- Young people in a Russian boarding school get a visit from Pathfinders from MoscowYoung people learned about Jesus, played games and passed out medals and small gifts to the students.
- Youth mobilized for service through Global Youth DayYour young people can “Be the Sermon”
- New Year’s program for youth held in ArmeniaAll those in attendance were impressed by the warmth they experienced from the Adventist young people.
- Loma Linda University Health faculty earns the first-ever board certification in the field of lifestyle medicineThe largest number of certified diplomats across the nation at a health care institution
- Evangelism myths shattered in JapanSuccess follows when Amanuma Church in Tokyo follows field school of evangelism teaching and commits to post-baptism ministry.
- Adventists in Moldova join project for needy familiesParticipants of the carnival handed out gifts to needy children and visited with people who were unable to attend.