- June 18, 1812: War of 1812 beginsThe day after the Senate followed the House of Representatives in voting to declare war against Great Britain, President James Madison signs the declaration into law–and the War of 1812 begins. The American war declaration, opposed by a sizable minority in Congress, had been called in response to the British economic blockade of France, the […]
- “Suffer the Little Children …”An Appeal From the Seventh-day Adventist Church in North America
- Larry Lichtenwalter is New President of Middle East UniversityLichtenwalter undertakes a mission of cultivating future Adventist leaders in the region.
- ADRA officially opens first water kiosk in MozambiqueThe Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) officially launched on June 12 its first safe water kiosk in Mocuba, Mozambique, which will provide 20 liters a day of safe water for more than 1,000 people. Mocuba, a district of the Zambezia province in Mozambique, has suffered from inadequate safe water supply for years, but the […]
- Lebanese president affirms Adventist Church’s serviceAdventist Church leaders paid a courtesy call on President Michel Aoun
- San surgeon recognized in Queen’s birthday honors listSydney Adventist Hospital neurosurgeon Professor Brian Owler was among a diverse group of Australians recognized for their contributions and service to the community in this year’s Queen’s Birthday honors list. Professor Owler, past president of the Australian Medical Association, was appointed a Member in the General Division of the Order of Australia (AM), acknowledging “significant […]
- Europe takes lead for World Refugee SabbathSeventh-day Adventist Church comes together to draw attention to refugee crises on June 16.