- February 18, 1885: Twain publishes The Adventures of Huckleberry FinnOn this day in 1885, Mark Twain publishes his famous–and famously controversial–novel The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Twain (the pen name of Samuel Clemens) first introduced Huck Finn as the best friend of Tom Sawyer, hero of his tremendously successful novel The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (1876). Though Twain saw Huck’s story as a kind […]
- Ted Wilson urges Adventists in Uganda to be grounded in the WordLeaders from the Adventist Church and the Ugandan government come to greet Wilson.
- Adventist Church celebrates 100 years of growth in the Dominican RepublicChurch leaders, including World Church treasurer Juan Prestol, also inaugurate 47th Adventist church built in 2017.
- Adventist Community Services responds to Florida high-school shootingPathfinder recounts terrifying experience
- Adventist film wins big at IndieFEST Film Awards"Tell the World" wins 3 Awards at the international independent film competition.
- Statement from Southern Adventist University on diversityRecognizing our past, Shaping our future
- Inter-America launches new VBS program for greater community outreachNew program continues the recently launched "Year of the Child and Adolescent"
- Representatives of different religions unite at a meeting for the hearing-impaired in MoscowMore than 30 people came to fellowship, play games and ask questions about the Bible.
- Adventist churches, schools damaged as tropical cyclone hits TongaADRA South Pacific works with Tonga Mission to assess damage.
- ADRA Samoa helping cyclone victimsAdventist humanitarian agency opens evacuation center in Apia to provide shelter for more than 200 people.
- Ted Wilson to raise issue of Sabbath exams in UgandaAdventist Church president discusses Sabbath exams and Valentine's Day at start of four-day visit to the African country.